Sunday, March 25, 2007

Old poem i found from 2003

The Gauntlet Gaunt

Chute up I'm falling fast from the firefly.
I look up at the flames in the dead sky.
Angels shake their heads as I crochet.
Landing on a farm with the horse and hay.

Danger is anger and stress is a kill.
Popping a blister or popping a pill.
Expanding my vocabulary everyday.
Empty am I right now empty my tray.
Someday you'll see me and then I'll be gone.

You will sit back and wonder what went wrong.
Information caused inflation sent through a glass tube.
Isolated from existance living in cold cubes.
Don't lie to me I can tell when you lie.
You think I'm stupid continue to try.

I think that I have just what it takes.
The money comes in the money is raked.
Capitol of the United States sea.
Sitting around the table for some tea.
Today is now yesturday was then.

I scribe my motionless life without pens.
Give me a break bannisters up the stairs.
Family outings at the new world fairs.
Flipping out tripping out tweaked out and more.
I went through the gauntlet gaunt you need more.
I don't need it I'm stronger than that.
Moved to Chicago where I will now sweat.

2 comments:

Donna O'Connor said...

That was cool! Pretty deep too! Keep 'em coming!

Donna O'Connor said...

I sure like your happy stuff now, tho. Now that you found LOVE....I'm very happy for you.