Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom




(If I could write a letter to you today, Mom, it would be something like this.) Mom, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday today. You were born April 17th, 1926 so this birthday would make you, let's see- 22! I miss you so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you. I just want to tell you I love you and I would give anything to spend the day with you. There is so much I want to talk to you about, maybe a day wouldn't be long enough. Living here in LaSalle has me always thinking of you. I drive down the streets knowing you drove down the same ones. I go by the house you and Daddy used to live in and I just sit in the alley remembering the times we had there. You are so much a part of this town and my memories. I have done alot of soul-searching since moving out here. I know I'm where I should be right now in life. Getting to know my sisters again has been a real blessing! I love you, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ironic this is one there... Today, after a very rough night last night filled with cutting and thoughts of suicide, I fell asleep on my couch and i felt two soft hands hold my hands.... I know it was grandman, for sure it was.. later two toher hands came and i knew it was aunt marge... I guess her soul plane hit a delay or something. Grandma touched me AGAin and I knew I was going to be okay, despite the 7 or 8 slashes on my stomach. I love you grandma and I cant wait to hear your peacefull purr again.
Dusty